What is MMS
MMS stands for ‘multimedia messaging service’. In contrast to SMS (short message service), phone user can send longer text message than SMS. Besides that, media such as audio, video and images can embedded in the message too.
Nowadays, there is new style of blogging called micro blogging or live blogging. The main idea of live blogging is to send MMS (picture and text) to Flickr, and then Flickr website will handle the MMS message by automatically creating a blog post at your website based on the MMS. This should save you a lot of time in transferring picture. It is not a dream anymore to blog anywhere by using live blogging, even at a place with no internet connection.
What is 3G
3G is like GPRS with more speed. You can see the details here.
How to activate Digi MMS and 3G
- To activate digi MMS, press *128#
How to activate Maxis MMS and 3G
- To activate maxis MMS, press *133#
How to activate Celcom 3G and MMS
There are a few steps that you need to do to activate Celcom 3G service. Before proceeding, please make sure that your handset support GPRS or 3G (and Java or MIDP2.0) to use this service.
- You must first upgrade your Celcom simcard at Celcom centre. Any Celcom centre will do.
- To activate it, use SMS to request the setting and configuration for 3G. Type SET and send to 20999.
- Use the setting that you received to install. You can also get the settings and activate 3g by calling their Customer Service.