Command prompt is a non-graphical interface of a command-line interpreter which allows you to communicate with your Operating System (OS). Most modern computer now use Graphical user interface to communicate with OS so that it is easy to operate files and documents. However, there are certain programs and commands only available through command prompt. Enough for the introduction and let’s focus on our subject on how to open command prompt..
It’s easy …. just follow the steps below.
- Open ‘windows start page’.
- Click on Run.
- On the dialog box type ‘command’ or ‘cmd’.
- Hit enter and the command prompt will pop up onto you.
For windows vista and windows seven it’s much easier.
- On the search box, type ‘command’ or simply ‘cmd’
- Hit enter and there is your command prompt.
For example of command prompt usage is to check MAC address and ping IP address to check whether the server is online or not.